Tis the season to let the herbs bloom wifeys! I’m obsessed with basil and my self-watering pot so much so for the last three days I’ve made some type of basil concocted recipes.
On Shabbat, I served Basil Lemonade and Saturday I put a twist on an Israeli salad and of course threw in some basil.
So, in an effort to stick with the Basil trend, I whipped up a sundried tomato basil paste and slathered on chicken breasts, it’s delicious! If you’ve got a little basil and chicken I suggest giving this a try!
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Peeled
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray a glass baking pan with non-stick spray of choice, set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken breasts
- In a food processor, pulse together the basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic and olive oil.
- Place the chicken in the glass dish, scoop the sundried tomato and basil mixture of the chicken making sure to coat it generously.
- Next, cover the glass dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Service over your favorite pasta, brown rice or in a bed of greens and most importantly, ENJOY!